Pages

Pom Pom Necklace. . and new boots!

Sunday, November 13, 2011


 Last night I needed something to keep me busy while Hubs worked on his sermon that he's going to be preaching tonight. I just have to be doing SOMETHING. . I hate when I have idle hands. I could sit for hours looking at inspirational things online, but I hate doing that! (I love it, but I hate it .. make sense?) I just like to be busy making or doing something to make good use of my time. So I decided I would make me a pom pom necklace, just like Little Miss Momma's.

What I used to make my necklace:
Felt
Fabric
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Necklace chain
small wire cutters

First I cut 5 little 1 inch  or so circles out of the felt


Then I cut out same size circles out of the fabric


Okay, this is pretty much where I forgot to continue on taking photos of the process. . 

BUT you just scrunch up a fabric circle from the center, apply some hot glue to the point and glue the point right down to the middle of a felt circle. Continue that until you have a nice little pom pom as full as you'd like. 

Then after all 5 of the pom poms are made up, arrange your pom poms on a sheet of felt in the arrangement you want them to be for the necklace. Glue the pom poms down right to that piece of felt, except for the top two. This is where I got my necklace chain and cut it in half with my wire cutters. Glue one end of the necklace chain to the bottom of one pom pom, and then add some more hot glue and glue that pom pom down to the felt in its spot. Repeat with the other top pom pom. Now you're ready to cut the felt around your pom pom necklace (not around each individual pom of course!). 
(see LMM's tutorial for more photos of the process)

I actually glued some extra strips of felt to the backing just to make it sturdier, because it was a little flimsy and wibble wobbly with just that one layer of felt.


I love it! 


I wore it to church today :) 


New boots! Got them at Ardene in my mall for like $13. They really aren't going to be super great for winter and snow and wetness, but I like them anyways.

Wearing a clearance dress I got from Walmart, thrifted cardigan (had it forever), boots from Ardene, $3 clearance walmart scarf (my new favorite), pom pom necklace by me!

It's a pretty day today. . very fallish like.


.. and you know how I feel about Fall!

9 comments:

Christina said...

very cute! I saw that tutorial and just haven't done it yet, but so need too!
Love it!
xo

Samual James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenna said...

I love your outfit, and the necklace is awesome!

The Ravert Family said...

LOVE that necklace! i wish i had the time to sit down and do something just to keep myself busy...kids do that very well for me :)

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Such a pretty necklace! I should make this for my sister for Christmas! It turned out great.

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

Love the necklace!! Super cute outfit and boots too! I can't believe they were $13! Great deal!

Brittany said...

Obsessed with this necklace! It is beautiful...a total conversation piece. Great job!

George Wells George Wells said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Adorable! I love the bright yellow fabric you chose. I also just made my own pom pom necklace and blogged about it! I love them.